Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaks in the mouth area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 29, 2000 at 19:51:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaks in the mouth area posted by Joseph Felton on July 29, 2000 at 18:47:33:

No need to pick nits, we both agree! I must have typed something funny in my original message because both you and Paul implied in your responses that my comment about "one method" meant that if we knew all the answers that we'd all do things the same way. I absolutely DON'T think that which is why I stated in the previous sentence that any such analysis should be conducted on a "case by case" basis. I say that what works for one player may or may not work for another, even though some principals may remain constant. What I meant by my comment about the "one method" is that if we understood all the principals behind the process, that we might possibly know exactly what to do/not do in every situation to get the desired result. This is more a point of semantics in saying that we "understand all the pricipals and therefore know exactly how to get the desired result" versus "knowing all the answers". And, of course, we don't know all the answers either.

I also agree with your points about self analysis, to a point. I've never had any luck just focusing on the product and having the results magically appear. So I have a working knowledge, at least the best I've been able to assemble to this point, of "how things work" and I apply those concepts to the situations as needed. And the only reason I would offer an analysis of this particular issue is because another BBS user requested ideas. You are completely right to state that such an inquiry may never lead to a positive solution. Such are the risks of embouchure analysis over the internet!

My opinion for what its worth...

Follow Ups: