Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ID a TUBA (belgium)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Will Traphagan on July 22, 2000 at 14:55:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ID a TUBA (belgium) posted by David F on July 21, 2000 at 19:02:35:

Certainly the DePrins I owned was originally a CC tuba — I bought it new. I also owned a Mahillon F around that time. It did have the valves on top. That was a long time ago, but as far as I can recall, the DePrins CC slides all went in up the ferrule, just as they are supposed to. I am wondering if someone has tried to convert yours to BBb by lengthening the slides? Where does it register on the tuner with the slides all the way in? Re "original tuning bits" do you mean the original slides? I suspect that the first thing to do is spend some serious time with a tuner and find out exactly what the horn's pitch situation is now for the various fingering combinations.

As far as Walter Sears' tuba import business is concerned, I don't know whether it was sold to anyone or even if it still exists. I do know that Walter was involved with several other things, including playing the "theramin" and several electronic music projects, so perhaps he just moved on from the tuba business?

Follow Ups: