Re: trying out a Hirsbrunner euph

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kris Schneider on July 20, 2000 at 21:27:45:

In Reply to: trying out a Hirsbrunner euph posted by Scott on July 18, 2000 at 08:33:35:

Scott,
You may try waiting. I wouldn't advise you taking a bus all the way to Custom to find there are no euphs for you. I would call Custom and ask when their next shipment is due. Keep following up until they can give you an exact day when it arrives. Then buy your bus ticket. And get there fast so you can have the best selection. Make sure to have at least 3 to try. To answer your question about Hirsbrunner euphs. To buy a new one, I am under the impression, having spoken with Custom's representatives, that they are the only dealer selling new Hirsbrunners, especially if the new "Exclsuive" model is what you're looking for. I wouldn't advise you trying to find other dealers that carry them. They're not around. Custom has the market sewn up on Hirsbrunner euphs. If you're going to spend the money for a new Hirsbrunner euph, you might try as well try to find a new Willson as well. I would recommend the 2900. It's a great horn, seeing as a lot of euphers are playing them these days (incluing myself). Anyway, good luck on your horn search. And, remember, you want a big selection. So, I would advise you to wait to be sure they have some horns for you!
Best Wishes,
Kris Schneider
Undergraduate in Parking Meter Management (Euphonium Performance)
The University of Michigan

Follow Ups: