Re: Re: Is BRASSO ok for Sousaphones?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S., the wussy on July 15, 2000 at 23:43:18:

In Reply to: Re: Is BRASSO ok for Sousaphones? posted by Joseph Felton on July 15, 2000 at 22:07:35:

(directed back to Kevin)

I (as I have mentioned) have OWNED one of the big Bueschers (only bought it to sell).

Sure, one may be a "he-man" and carry around something that is too heavy. Once, a guy who owned a car shop next to my music store's original location asked me to help him pick up a G.M. 455 cu. in. engine (with all accessories mounted), carry it about seventy feet, and then load it in the back of his pick-up truck. Well, by golly, I was a MAN...a REAL man, and we picked that thing up and moved it and loaded it... ' didn't feel that great the next day.

When people are young, they can do all SORTS of things that are bad for their bodies. All of that abuse, however, catches up around age 30 - 35, whether it be smoking, overeating, alcohol, dope, PUTTING SOMETHING WAY TOO HEAVY ON ONE'S SHOULDER...whatever. Up until just this century (the 20th Century), people only lived on average to about age 35 or 40 anyway, so not much forethought went into trying to preserve one's body for use later in life.

Knock yourself out, Kevin. Happy chiropractor bills. Have fun watching Dr. Ghekszhchi push on the three hundred pound fat chick's back while you are sitting and waiting your turn to climb up on that greasy table and be treated (in, say, the year 2015 or so).

Follow Ups: