Dillon M1CB for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on July 12, 2000 at 11:06:22:

Just as the title says. This a Dillon Mendoker CC model mouthpiece with standard shank and bronze core. I purchased this piece about two years ago as a curiosity and have never really used it all that much save for on a King sousaphone. It never set me on fire when used on my PT-6 but I did use it for a year in a marching band on a King sousaphone with amazing results. Seeing as this piece was designed for use with a Yorkophone it makes sense to me that it would sit so well on a sousaphone. The response and sound I was able to get was absolutely electric. The combination actually played better than almost every horn I've ever played before or after. In other words.. I liked this piece in that situation but it has just sat around for a year since then and I want to clear it out and put the money towards paying off my new F tuba.

In terms of condition there is a lot of the typical wear associated with a piece that has been marched with. Lots of super minor dings that don't really affect feel or looks for that matter. Still in very functional condition although silverplating is thin enough in spots that it may be a concern to to those that are sensitive to brass. I'll send pictures via email only.. unless someone else cares enough to give me a place on the internet to store the pic. I've tried to give an accurate description.

I think these pieces sell for close to $100 at Dillons. I'm not going to post this on ebay. Best emailed offer gets it.

thanks,
joseph

Follow Ups: