Re: Walter Nirschl 5/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Marcus on July 08, 2000 at 00:10:44:

In Reply to: Walter Nirschl 5/4 posted by Hellbane77 on July 07, 2000 at 20:48:55:

AFAIK, the only two Nirschl CC models that Custom Music markets is the WN-15 and the CSO York copy. I own a Nirschl CC which is referred to as a 4/4 horn, but according to Lee Hipp, who sold my horn to its original owner five years ago, its dimensions and appearance could lead one to label it a 5/4. (As we know, there is nothing standard about 4/4 vs. 5/4 vs. 6/4 vs. 7/4 designations.)

Although the WN-15 (the current counterpart of my tuba) is listed as a 4/4, it could be an example of salesmanship that the Custom Music representative called it a 5/4. After all, Hellbane/Philburt, you contacted them asking for a 5/4 model that they don't carry; the next best thing to try to sell you would be something that they DO stock that could be construed as a 5/4 horn. My guess is that the WN-15 4/4 horn and the 5/4 horn that the salesperson referred to are one in the same. If that is the case, it is well worth your consideration; the Nirschls are fine horns.

Follow Ups: