Re: Re: PT-15 5th valve

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on July 06, 2000 at 00:03:13:

In Reply to: Re: PT-15 5th valve posted by Sean Chisham on July 05, 2000 at 18:16:59:

I just talked to Jeff Rideout last week about this very topic. Seems they never bothered to order the 2 step slide for the PT-15s. I suppose there wasn't much demand for it. The PT-10 atleast used to come with two different fifth valve slides so that you could choose.

I learned F tuba using the two step set up and my CC is the same but even so I've found it surprisingly easy to become comfortable with the one step set up. Not sure either one is more logical or more in tune than the other as Sean indicated but for consistencies sake I would like to find a two step slide for my PT-15. I guess I'm one of those guys that likes to be able to play his pedal F with all five valves down. Not so much on my PT-15 but on other horns I've found that it helps match up timbres when doing the two octave lick out of the basement in the 1st movement of the VW's. I haven't given up on Custom yet, they have always been good to me in the past, but if they turn into a dead end what suggests do you folks in BBS land have for getting a two step slide? FWIW, VMI doesn't have an email or phone number posted on their web site.

cheers!
joseph

Follow Ups: