Of Knights and Castles

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Owen Molloy on July 04, 2000 at 14:30:51:

I have owned the Burning River Brass "Of Knights and Castles" CD for months now, and I still can't believe how wonderful it is. Anyone who has not heard it is missing out on something truly great. Going to school just a few miles from the 'burning river', I have had the good fortune to know many of the players on the cd very well, though strangely not Matt. Their energy is inspiring. The ensemble is my favorite brass group of any kind.
You have to wonder how long they can keep it all together, though. These guys are so talented that any one of them could be gone the next day with a job. Already Bruce Hudson has a job playing 4th horn in LA, and Ryan Anthony just filled Ronald Romm's spot. I sincerely hope the group stays intact and producing recordings. I know that another cd will be released very soon, and I am waiting in deep anticipation.
This cd is on the Border's database, so if they don't have it they can definitely order it. I think it is available on Amazon, too. It is on the Dorian label and was released in 1999.
Congratulations Matt.

Follow Ups: