Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with St. Petersburg Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sterling on July 03, 2000 at 18:37:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with St. Petersburg Tubas posted by Rick Denney on July 03, 2000 at 17:50:28:

I'm not sure what you consider cheap... but that is the bait that got me hooked in the first place. I understand your point about the St. Petersburg, but for someone who is looking for their first instrument, someone who worked long and hard for two summers to buy their instrument, someone who is almost out of high school and is depending on this one horn to carry them through their college major, the cost for a St. Petersburg is not worth the money!!! The prices on those poorly designed, poorly made horns(junk) is alot for the "Average Joe" in high school. To be quite honest, I didn't know what I was getting into when I purchased the instrument and I believe that is something ALOT of people face when they look into the St. Petersburg tuba. If someone wants to spend 3 grand on an instrument that is going to need overhauled within the first year of owning it, go ahead and buy the St. Petersburg. If someone wants an instrument that will last longer than a month without clanking, sticking, and denting... spend a little bit more money and buy something worth while. DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP WHERE THE DEAL SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!! That's all I'm going to say. I'm not trying to fight, I just have very strong opinions on the issue and am tired of people dumping their money into something that should be at the dump in the first place. Please email privately if you have an other discrepancies. I don't want to overflow BBS w/bickering.

Follow Ups: