Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MW2165 for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on July 30, 1999 at 17:25:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MW2165 for sale posted by Jason Takcer on July 29, 1999 at 23:35:17:

Hello Jason,

Believe me, I know what it's like to have no cash for an instrument while in college. As much as I would like to help you out, I'm not able to personally finance the horn to somebody right now. This is mainly because I need the full cash amount right away. We are looking to move soon and most of that money will go to those expenses and some to a cheaper replacement tuba. An option to look into is taking out a student loan at your college to finance a horn. I did this as an undergraduate to buy my first horn which was a 188 Miraphone. Depending how old you are, you may not need a cosigner. Another option is to check out the Brasswinds payment plan. I believe there rate works out to be around 12% or so. I must caution you that any kind of loan or especially credit card options are serious considerations for your future earning prospects. Getting a good horn is important as well if you really want to pursue performing professionally, but just weigh the risks for yourself carefully. Many people find themselves way over their heads financially after college and in debt. Anyway, I apologize for getting on my soap box but I'm concerned enough to caution a point. Sorry I can't fulfill your request, but I hope maybe one of these options or another will open some doors for you.

Sincerely,

Ken Sturgeon

Follow Ups: