Re: silicons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 06, 1999 at 08:34:13:

In Reply to: silicons posted by Mark on July 06, 1999 at 01:39:46:

I've never used an oil with silicon additives because I was always taught to stay away from oils that will produce a residue buildup. Maybe people just aren't talking about it or I just don't know, but I am amazed that more folks don't use Blue Juice. I use this oil and it is far and away the best I've found. This stuff doesn't stink for hours after you use it, it lasts a LONG time, and it has detergent additives that keep my valves clean. It is also plenty fast oil for the valves. I just had my valves cleaned and realigned last month and it is the first time my valves have been cleaned in something like 5 years (the last time I had it done). The repairman told me the leadpipe was pretty dirty but the valves were fine. He also didn't have to lap the valve bearings because of excessive wear.

Now, you may or may not have any luck finding Blue Juice in the Netherlands as it is made in South Carolina. I do know that Giardinelli's carries it so if you're able to order through them than you're all set. If not, maybe we can work out a deal! I've been looking a very long time for a REALLY good tuba snake...

Follow Ups: