Re: admittedly stupid post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by riot guy on January 31, 2004 at 16:34:06:

In Reply to: admittedly stupid post posted by semi-anon on January 31, 2004 at 13:28:01:

When I was in college in NYC, I used to occassionally stick the bell of my horn out of the practice room window and play the Ride as loud as I could to see how many times I could bounce the sound off of the buildings across the street (maybe 50 -100 yards away).

Our music college was next door to a pretty rough high school. One day, all the students were chucked out of the school onto the street. There were hundreds of them, all city-hardened and fairly pissed-off, judging from the mood of the crowd.

There were a few carloads of police there, and they were interrogating one guy, who was giving them a hard time. Being young and stupid (as opposed to old and stupid) I decided to do my Bouncing Ride trick. I started playing, and the mob all started cheering and throwing things and rushed the cops.

I felt pretty bad about it (and more than a little scared) so if any policemen are reading this, or have ever born the brunt of a Tuba Fueled Mob, I apologise.

I'd better not post my name, as this is actually a true story.

PS The police must have already called for backup, as luckily a few police vans pulled up just a few seconds after it all kicked off. I don't know what happened next, as I decided it would be a very good idea to pack up my stuff and get out of there as quickly as possible. Hopefully nobody was hurt.

Follow Ups: