Re: Disney Collegiate Band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug Whitten on January 25, 2004 at 12:40:07:

In Reply to: Disney Collegiate Band posted by Steve on January 25, 2004 at 01:46:45:

The Disney AACB is a great experience. I tried out 3 times, but only made it when I was a Junior in college. Truthfully, I probably wasn't as strong of a player as many of those I beat out, but I put together a solid "complete package." By that I mean the following:

1. Look The part - this is Disney. Present a wholesome, clean cut image. Good haircut, nice suit (but not too flashy).

2. Be confident and pleasant. It is amazing how far a firm handshake and a sincere smile can get you.

3. Play very well. You don't necessarily have to play the most difficult music, but you do have to do it well. For my audition I played Ricercar (D. Gabrielly/ Morris), Moondance (Van Morrison, from a fakebook), I also had one of the RVW 6 Folk Songs ready to go, but they didn't need to hear it. Lastly, we sightread.

4. Be proficient on a double (Bass Bone). However, if you are not strong on a double, don't try to fake it. The other tubist the year I played did not double. At my audition I was asked sight read on bass bone.

Good Luck!

Follow Ups: