euphonium wraps

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ... on January 19, 2004 at 22:46:37:

Through my years, I've seen several different wraps on people's euphoniums. I tried looking in the archives for information, but maybe I'm using the wrong term for what I'm looking for. Basically, at the places I hold the horn, I'm looking for some sort of leather or cloth cover. I've seen the right hand wraps that cover the handle and the surrounding area, but what I'm looking for is a wrap for the 3rd valve tuning slide and the part of the main tube of the horn that you hold with your left hand by the 4th valve on the side. I've seen some homemade things, but I'd like to find something that is commercially made. Does anyone know of where I can find these? Or if anyone has had something made specifically, can I get information on how to get in touch with someone to get these made. Also, does anyone know about the long term effects of leather, or whatever might be used in making these covers, on the finish of a horn? I know this is a lot of questions, but I don't recall these things being discussed any time recently.

Follow Ups: