Re: Re: Is there a BBS like this one....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on January 16, 2004 at 23:29:49:

In Reply to: Re: Is there a BBS like this one.... posted by yawn on January 16, 2004 at 23:09:22:

I know, I know.... who wants to talk shop after a FULL day in the shop. I did a clean and align on a 4V rotary, swedged the 4th valve bearing on one of my rotary tubas, finished polishing a raw brass King 618 F horn, made a new sign our of an old fiberglass sousa bell, and finished up the valves and ragged out one of my King bell-fronts today. I'm fairly new at this repair stuff but after spending over 25 years as an underpaid sales engineer for several automation companies and spending weeks at a time on the road... man... this is heaven! I get up at seven... go down to the shop (right here at home)... work as long as I want... and don't work when I want. I just wish there was more information available aside from some of the crummy old repair manuals I have managed to collect.

Why don't you bolt your Z60 to the floor and stay out of the flux mist? I didn't even know Ferree's had red felts. Last time I mentioned to Gary that he needed colored felts to make band directors think they were getting OEM parts he mumbled something I won't write on this BBS.

Independent repair guys around the country seem to know each other and network pretty good when looking for parts... but it might be convenient (and informative) if there was a BBS for such a thing. Think I oughtta start one?

Follow Ups: