Loaner tubas near Limerick, Ireland?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck K. on January 16, 2004 at 01:40:15:

Okay, I know... random request. But, this TubeNet is amazing so I figured I'd try my luck.

One of the schools I teach at, John F. Kennedy High School in La Palma, California, is going to be on tour in Ireland over St. Patrick's Day weekend. They'll be participating in two parades and playing one concert. They'd rather not have to fly with four sousaphones and four concert tubas, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their concert tuba (or two or three or four!) in BBb for a day. I really appreciate that this band director knows the difference between concert tubas and sousaphones for indoor concerts, so I'm trying to help things along as best I can.

Here are the details: on March 13th, 2004 the band will be traveling from Malahide (outside of Dublin) to Limerick where they will be participating in the TSB Bank Limerick International Band Recital Competition in a concert setting at the University of Limerick. They are planning to do lunch in Nenagh then head to Limerick after that. I don't know what time they expect to arrive, but the competition starts at 7pm.

If anyone is able to help with instruments or tips on how to get a loaner for the evening, please e-mail me at the address linked above. There is a possibility that they might be able to hire a taxi or something to go out and pick up instruments, as well as bring them back afterward, but I'm not sure. I know that the band director and the tubists would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks so much!!!

Follow Ups: