Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Tracks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on January 15, 2004 at 13:56:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Tracks posted by MARK on January 15, 2004 at 13:28:11:

Mark, I appreciate your comments. I, too, appreciate how Brian jumps right in and is so willing to share his knowledge and experiences. We all know there are certain questions which make their way into the board from time to time. Sometimes we are tempted to have our say by making comments to the effect that the poster/poser should already know the answer. The answer may, in fact, lie in the archives. So what? We also have the right to simply let the question go on by. If someone else chooses to go ahead and answer, what is the harm? We should be trying to encourage each other. I believe this goes double for our encouraging those younger and less experienced or knowledgeable members of TubeNet.

Until I started regular reading and sometime posting here, I thought 99.96% of all tuba players were good guys. With my experiences here, I have been forced to re-evaluate my thinking. I now believe the percentage is 98.99% good guys(and gals, of course). Obviously, the euphonium and baritone players would have similar numbers to post. Unfortunately, the simple fact is that many of us are, at least occasionally, capable of acting like jerks. For that 1.01% it is not just a rare occasion.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Texas

Follow Ups: