Re: Re: What should i do?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on January 08, 2004 at 13:12:11:

In Reply to: Re: What should i do?! posted by Wade on January 08, 2004 at 11:53:56:

Well said, Wade. I'd add that when you talk about "time off" of soccer for any period of time, he should still attend every practice, perform every drill, run every lap -- any activity that wouldn't likely land a hard kick or a shoulder to the face. If this time were spent concentrating on ball-handling drills and endurance training, he could demonstrate his commitment to the team and minimize any degree to which he falls behind.

I'd also say that making Region or even State in any given year won't matter a whole lot in the long run. If his desire to play soccer and tuba are even close to the same, he might be best off accepting that soccer has already likely blown his opportunity to make Region; now he must decide if he is willing to risk letting a glimmer of hope for Region wreck his chance to play soccer. His band will surely take him back after he recovers from this injury, but some coaches might never really trust his dedication to the team again if he takes off.

Joe Baker, who thinks many people wind up unhappy because they never really learn to set priorities.

Follow Ups: