Re: Got My New Rudy!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ike H. on January 27, 2003 at 22:31:19:

In Reply to: Got My New Rudy!!! posted by :) on January 27, 2003 at 19:29:49:

When I was at Lee's, I tried several different things he and I had with my 3/4 and the new model 4345 rotor.

The Rudy mpc's, of course, work well with them. Among them were the new RM1 - has a nice big sound down low and compact up high, comfy rim, but is too small for me(you'rewelcome to make offer). I have also an older M21 that I may or may not keep - it has a bigger broader sound and I have a tendency to want to play loud on it all the time. There's another older one, an HM1 (H for Helleberg) a lighter weight piece that works well on it. I think Lee has one left.

I know what you mean about the 4/4 Rudy. I played one in DC last year and it was one of the top 2 or 3 horns in the room for my tastes. Enjoy it!

The non-Rudys that I've found that work well are a PT-70(an S-shank I found used) I like to use for quintet. The PT-82 is a little more boisterous and has a rounder rim, sounds good. PT-88, if you like those. One surprise we found at Lee's was an old fat Reynolds that gave both horns a big fluffy tone and was fun to play through.

Follow Ups: