Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Houston Symphony Cutting Jobs, Salaries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on January 25, 2003 at 19:54:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Houston Symphony Cutting Jobs, Salaries posted by JoeS on January 25, 2003 at 16:02:45:

no one in their right mind could defend the "right" of folks who cannot play to keep their positions based upon their ability. So in essence, this means that tenure allows an incapable person to keep their job, although (at least in my mind) capability and performance are no longer the measures of job-worthiness. While this is a hard thing for anyone to argue as "fair", and as a friend has already pointed out, tenure protects the competent and capable performers from being mistreated ... which I guess is the greater of the two evils.

I've posted on here before my experiences with competency, collective bargaining, and being singled-out by both management and co-workers. f.w.i.w. I'll take my ability to perform my job well as the basis for my keeping it over joining hands in a thug-mentality adversarial working environment ANYday.

Follow Ups: