Re: Re: Mike Finn m.p.'s, & m.p.'s in general

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex Lapins on January 20, 2003 at 22:43:18:

In Reply to: Re: Mike Finn m.p.'s, & m.p.'s in general posted by Scott Mendoker on January 20, 2003 at 21:32:42:

yep, leave it to the seasoned pros to post things accurately. another place to check is to hear Jacob's lecture found elsewhere on this site, on which he pulls out a bag of MPs and demonstrates finding the right one for the room! I use MP's introduced to me by my current teacher, who insists on looking for the best equipment available, and leaving behind what may have been the "one" in the past but is now not quite right for your own individual playing. I've studied w/ people who are insistent about which one to use and with people who couldn't care less. In my past studios my MP collection was a running gag, as was my changing every rehearsal. I was just trying to figure things out and get my own set up right. the picture will become clear, eventually. Just look around and see what works and be flexible. BTW, I'm sure when Mike finalizes my own custom MP (check the website, I'm not kidding though I AM bragging) I hope some people give it a shot with an open mind.

Follow Ups: