Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The E-Bay HOLTON

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JoeS on January 18, 2003 at 02:35:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The E-Bay HOLTON posted by I like.... on January 17, 2003 at 14:31:04:

It's impossible to "protect someone from themselves" without taking away their freedom.

I'm not very smart, and with my sorrowfully low level of intelligence, I have chosen to stumble along struggling to live in a shack and eat beans as a free man rather than live in nice slave quarters (ie. "housing project") with three squares a day (ie. "food stamps"). Since this is my one-and-only life, as a grand experiment I'm trying it on my own without anyone else's instructions. I guess if I were smart enough, I'd realize how stupid I appear to the "left" and accept their handouts...Maybe I'm waiting for something more interesting than housing, food, education, and health care, ...and (perhaps if I had a chubby son) the use of a public school sousaphone...

...A Lamborghini Diablo would be nice! Perhaps, before he croaks, Mr. Kennedy will propose some legislation to fix this.

Most any valve section can be rebuilt two or three times (as long as the valve guide track and male cap threads aren't honed away), but most of the time when a valve section gets rebuilt once, it's new and subsequent owners usually have more "respect" for an instrument than its previous owners and subsequent valve rebuilds are rarely necessary. If this tuba actually receives a valve rebuild, some of that pretty silver plating will be messed up since a proper rebuild requires that the valve section be removed from the instrument.

Follow Ups: