Re: I don't sound

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen Carter on January 17, 2003 at 11:00:34:

In Reply to: I don't sound posted by Like poop anymore on January 16, 2003 at 22:39:28:

Hi...

I don't know what you used beforehand, but I've been playing my Cerveny 601 for about 9 years now and have used the same mouthpiece: Perantucci PT-50. It's a big mouthpiece, but it provides the girth the horn needs, but at the same time affords you the ability to use all of your range without extra effort. The sharp inner rim really helps with articulation (a concern on our instrument in the lower range, at least for me). Although I've never tried the Denis Wick, I thought maybe this would be a helpful alternative for another mouthpiece.

Another tubist here at school has been using a PT-65 on his Hirsbrunner HB-2P, and has good success with it. The PT-65 is a smaller mouthpiece (somewhat more suited to f), but it does sound nice on a 4/4 instrument. I have a PT-64 that I use on my B&S f that I like very much, and I've used it in the Cerveny a couple of times. It's a little on the bright side for the Cerveny, but you never know.

Hope this helps. And if Bob Tucci or Dan Perantoni is reading this I want my royalty check...

Allen Carter, Tubist
Temple University
avcarter(AT)temple.edu

Follow Ups: