Re: Re: Re: for H.S. band directors

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew Purdum on January 16, 2003 at 09:27:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: for H.S. band directors posted by sojourner on January 14, 2003 at 21:42:30:

The Problem here is that the majority of that article is not Fact. Sure the openning paragraph was but that is where it ended. The Article claimed that the NEA is the reason why brighter students and slower students are lumped together causing the bright students to be bored and the slow students to be frustrated. That is simply not true. The reason for mainstreaming slower students and putting them with higher acheivers is do to lobbying and suits by students right groups. A student with a learning disability has more rights in a public school than you can imagine. It is these groups that have pushed to include all students in the same classes, not the NEA.
You need to get your facts straight before you start stating what facts are. I don't agree with everything the NEA does, and the statements before 9/11 may have not been word the best. But it is important to understand and teach that not all arabs are responsible for the attack and that US foreign policy did lead to AL-Quida's hatred of our country and helped to contribute to the attack. That is a fact!
However, back to the point I was trying to make. Whoever wrote this article, whoever posted this article, and whoever believes this article simple don't know what they are talking about. They have obviously never taught in a classroom in their lives and wouldn't survive there one period.
I am a Tuba player, a Choir Director, and a card carring member of the NEA.

Follow Ups: