Re: Mr Clark(AT) App state, any opinions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick Haymore on January 15, 2003 at 23:00:47:

In Reply to: Mr Clark(AT) App state, any opinions? posted by me on January 15, 2003 at 22:12:35:

This semester I am student teaching, but I am a student at Appalachian State and have had Mr. Clark as a professor for three and a half years. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. First of all, he's not your traditional college professor. He's about 74 years old and spent his the first half of his career in the Army Field Band and as a band director in North Carolina producing many wonderful bands. He was also on the staff of the famous Lenoir High School Band (42 consecutive "Superior" ratings in grade VI at the North Carolina High School Band Contest; http://www.lenoirhighband.org/index.htm). Because of his former public school experience his is less of a anal professor and more of a caring father figure. He focuses on technical exercises and range extending during the first semester or so. Most of his teaching is done through literature so expect to see a large amount of music. While Mr. Clark is only a part-time professor he still maintains a large studio(20-25 students) and therefore is VERY busy. Because of this there is not a tuba choir unless it is directed by a graduate student. Like I said before, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Robert Clark. If you have any question please feel free to email me.

Patrick Haymore

Follow Ups: