Out of the Mouth of Babes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on January 06, 2003 at 21:25:06:

Ok, so I have a young lady who I have been teaching for a while. She has made huge strides in the past two months and has finally expressed an interest in listening to classical music, particularly tuba-heavy classical music. So at the end of her lesson today I played her three tracks from Gene Pokorny's Excerpt cd. Here is a somewhat valid transcription of the conversation following Fountains of Rome:

Kara: Are you kidding me? What is up with that? Holy Moses, Mr. Jackson, I mean, uhm, like, uhm, your a really good tuba player, but this guy spanks you like a bad 4 year old in Wal-Mart, like He is REALLY good, do you think I can get a lesson from him? I mean, he is REALLY,REALLY good......

Chuck: Uhm, yeah he is really good...

Kara: Yeah, like you should get a lesson from him...I mean, it's not that your bad, he is just really, really GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.........

With ego deflated, I have just stepped up this kid's life and excitement. I guess this is what jocks call "Taking one for the team". This kid is so jazzed about playing she wants to move in with Gene RIGHT NOW so she can be really good, too. Thank you Gene, for giving us this cd....and by the way..WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Chuck"Who really needs a hug right now"Jackson :)

Follow Ups: