temporary measure microphone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Philip Jensen on January 02, 2003 at 17:08:53:

I just got a great deal on a mini-disc recorder, the price was very good so my wife gave me the OK. I got a refurbished Sony MZ-R700 for $95 at a Sony outlet store (normally $119, but I lucked out and they had an additional %20 off sale going on). I've read that people like the Audio Technica AT-822 microphone and I likely will end up with that. However, we're planning on buying a house this summer so an expensive microphone is out of the question until after the mortgage requiring purchase has been completed.

I'm looking for a temporary measure microphone to record my self practicing, ideally something $50 or under (I know this is asking a lot). I'm an amatuer player trying to improve my abilities - actually, not just trying, but having some decent success at it. I know I could buy something more expensive and then sell it and use the money towards a good one, but knowing me, I'd just end up with 2 microphones. So I'd like a microphone I could use for the next 6 months and not feel guilty about spending a bunch of money on something that likely will end up in a drawer somewhere as an emergency back-up, or connected to my computer.

Thanks for all your help

Follow Ups: