Re: Re: Re: Re: CB50 FOR SALE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale on January 27, 2002 at 20:21:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: CB50 FOR SALE posted by Steve Marcus on January 27, 2002 at 19:21:37:

Questions like "why" are not un-appreciated in the context of serious shopping,
something I think most of the anonymous questioners are NOT doing.
In the same way, when (almost everytime) someone posts a horn to sell and some anonymous doke comes out saying "why are you selling"...it does more to cast doubt that it does to dispell doubt. That said, there's nothing wrong with querying the owner directly as in the case of Steve buying his Nirschl. Just show a little class and let them know who's doing the asking, and let the sincerity of your question be grounded in honest shopping rather than some waggish ploy to have fun or (worse) cast aspersions (unintended or not.)

I could go on and ask, how would knowing how one horn worked for a stranger tell you anything about how it works for you? Wouldn't it be more likely that you'll learn something meaningful if you as a sincere shopper got somewhat acquainted with the seller by corresponding or phone calls? 'nuff said on that

bottom line if the LIST OWNER askes the question, people should pay attention...
no point in adding more to the felt-burden of the guy running the BBS

f.w.i.w.

dp

Follow Ups: