Re: newly redesigned King-Conn 52J/56J/2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on January 21, 2002 at 13:43:27:

In Reply to: newly redesigned King-Conn 52J/56J/2341 posted by js on January 17, 2002 at 09:58:48:

I think UMI has a lot to offer. My own thought is that before UMI does any more, they should raise the standards of there assemblers and finishers and teach them the proper way to solder and then how to clean the joints up before polishing. I don't understand how the folks at King can send out such sloppy work. This has been the case with all the (new) king tubas and sousaphones I have seen over the past seventeen years. The fixed bell 2341 is a decent playing instrument for the money but the assembly and solder work on my mid 30's CC puts the modern UMI instrument makers workmanship to shame. I find it to be very disturbing when a company with over 100 years of manufacturing under there belts has so little pride in there product that they would try and pass it off with such issues and make no effort to improve the product. It seems to me they are going the same way so many US auto makers did in the seventies and you know what happened to them.

Sorry for the ranting. I just had to vent.

Daniel C. Oberloh

Follow Ups: