Re: Re: Tuba Quartet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on January 19, 2002 at 11:26:56:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Quartet posted by Randy Mac Iver on January 18, 2002 at 10:17:15:

Thanks Randy for the props!

Yes, Ivan, I can help you in you quest for some more popular stuff for quartet. But, perhaps you'd like to hear some of it first! Sotto Voce's CD is coming out at the Army Band conference--that may help--listening to arrangements is always a good idea! (Sotto Voce's URL is below). Also, I'm giving a clinic at the conference about HOW to arrange for quartet (as well as how to look at quartet score and know if it's a decent arrangement). That's Friday, Jan. 25th at 3 PM. I don't know if you can make it to the conference or not, but there will be a whole stand from Tuba-Euph press as well as many other vendors. Taking a look at the arrangements is definitely a good idea before you purchase. For example, though Randy likes my stuff--it's pretty hard, and not for everyone. Some of my things are, but not everything. Most of my 1st tuba parts are definitely for F or Eb tuba. Feel free to email me, and I can help you more.

Oh, and John Stevens' early stuff would definitely be great! (Power, Jammin', Ballade, Manhattan suite, etc.) All published by Editions BIM.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Follow Ups: