Re: Dent Eraser

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Akins on January 16, 2002 at 12:34:03:

In Reply to: Dent Eraser posted by Jim Akins on January 15, 2002 at 13:53:47:

Hello again!
Let me dispell some of the topics about the Dent eraser, appearing in the last few days. First of all I invented this tool to simply help those tired of normal problems associated with conventional repairs to our instruments. Time of repair; cost of repair; lacquer burns and silver runs; etc.... This tool is equally at home with a band director facing thousands of dollars in repairs, or a repairman who can benefit from using this tool. He may now do repairs that took too long before at a more reasonable price---or set up a circuit of schools he would visit to take care of their large instruments on a regularly scheduled basis. This tool should add to their business rather than take away from it. In some cases people will always find fault with new ideas that change the way things are done. This tool isn't a threat to anything--- it just makes a lot of sense to take care of all of the beat up tubas and sousaphones that are RIGHT NOW in terrible shape. The choice is yours--- who to buy it and who to use it---but all may benefit from its' use. Jim Akins
p.s. I will check what is holding up the patent listing--

Follow Ups: