Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What BBb Piston Tuba to Buy?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on January 15, 2002 at 14:29:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What BBb Piston Tuba to Buy? posted by guy in CO on January 13, 2002 at 14:32:37:

pffft. (To quote dp)

I've seen many more examples of such from a highly respected place in the West, though without the quoted prices, and from our friend on the Mississippi, with prices. On the other hand, this wasn't a quote, per se. It was a statement of general street pricing. If you want a quote, you still have to call them on the phone.

I'm quite happy to see the posts from retailers (and their fans), within reason. It keeps a sense of reality about price and informs us as to what's available and from whom. When a private seller posts a tuba for sale and doesn't include the price, people wonder (sometimes out loud) why not. But when it's a retailer, they are suddenly the bad guys if they mention dollars and cents. This seems to me a double standard.

As long as a retailer is speaking demonstrable truth, then they have as much to contribute as most of the rest of us. If they are misrepresenting the truth, then I'll lead the charge to expose it.

Asking Sean to filter these messages out does the community a disservice, and also assumes (perhaps innocently) that we aren't bright enough to do our own filtering.

Rick "somewhat bewildered by the singling out of Brook Mays" Denney

Follow Ups: