A Great Man Has Passed.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy Bedgood on January 15, 2002 at 01:30:00:

Early Monday morning at about 4 am, Robert Cheatham passed quietly in his sleep. Many of you may or may not know of Bobby Cheatham in the music world, but I feel the need to post this information here. Mr. Cheatham was trumpet instructor and conductor at Louisiana Tech, until his retirement last year. Although he was nationally renown as a trumpet player, Bobby Cheatham was one of those Arnold Jacobs type figures that meant so much more to musicians than a trumpet player. I feel lucky that I have been blessed enough to know him these last years. My only comfort in this is that he's finally free of the disease that crippled him for that last six years. If anyone wishes to share their experiences (if any) of Mr. Cheatham, I would appreciate them posting it here or emailing me. I'm hoping to share this with his students and friends so we can remember him better. I know it's kinda corny, but it's best tribute I can think of. I've also provided the address of a site that has the details of his funeral arrangements. If anybody has any questions, please email me.
Thanks so much in advance,
Tracy Bedgood

http://performingarts.latech.edu/music/band/cheatham.html

please send your condolences to:

Mrs. Mary Cheatham
1305 Robinette Drive
Ruston, LA

Follow Ups: