Re: Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay on January 12, 2002 at 10:28:05:

In Reply to: Help posted by Jacob on January 12, 2002 at 01:11:21:

If you have any Degree in Ga you can go into a "fast track" teaching program. It takes about 6 months and they will give you your cert. when you are done.

OR you could start taking Aural Skills, conducting techniques, marching band fundamentals, a couple more performing music courses and another year of theory. The big problem is going to be the recitals and juries you will have to do that you might not have had when you were a minor.Dont forget the year and half of english, the science, the maths, and all the good fun core stuff. AND finally, the rest of the courses you would need for an Ed degree that you don't already have... There are some I think that you have to have for music ed that you would not for any other ed... if I understand my course catalogue right.

You might want to check with your advisor or better yet talk to one in the music department. Since you have been playing there for so long they might be able to set you on the right track...

It't not impossible, just gonna be difficult to graduate when you normally would have.

Email me if you have any questions, I switched from History ed to Music ed a while back.... thinking about switching again.

Follow Ups: