Re: Re: Re: Tax Questions on new horns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe -I keep about 35%.- S. on January 31, 2001 at 21:01:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tax Questions on new horns posted by Steve Dedman on January 31, 2001 at 02:33:58:

My only short rant here (not directed specifically towards the political party that I despise, nor towards the one that I reluctantly tolerate, but to BOTH):

Those of us who collectively create ALL of the wealth (that which, whether deservedly or not deserved sometimes, is to given to non-workers and government workers who do things that are not of particular necessity) could create QUITE a "stir" in this country if we "the productive" (collectively) exhibited some true disciple (by REALLY saving up for a while) and then ALL of us decided to go on an 24 month "Moratorium on Productivity"... - no tax collections from the (usually) productive - no revenue. Suddenly the government has...

...no power! Hmmm, the PEOPLE would have the power...What a strange idea.

It would certainly create quite a bit more "modesty" in the public sector, if nothing else.

I know that there are a lot of people who are offended by this because they believe in the total sanctity of our rulers, so I will cut it off here.

Follow Ups: