Posted by I tuba on January 28, 2001 at 17:38:40:
In Reply to: Re: 45 SLP F tuba posted by a tuba dad on January 28, 2001 at 15:35:31:
Okay I decided to fix the problem this morning, and I'm happy to say for about .90 cents I did it. Granted I have a good drill index with just about every size imaginable. I went to ace hardware found a little bolt that was just a hair bigger than the original bolt Meinl Weston used. Then I drilled out
the hole that originally had threads in it. I put the bolt through and a lock washer and two little nuts to lock on the other side, and everything
is a as good as new. I don't like to take a drill to anypart of a tuba, but I figured I could fix it, after I thought about for awhile. And in a worst
case I figured I'd take it to the repair shop tomorrow. I still can't figure out why they use such small bolts, and put them in a location tha is
almost imposible to reach. But the .90 cent nut and bolt combination really worked well.
Thanks for the advice