Re: Re: King brass "dazzler" sousa ebay auction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on January 23, 2001 at 02:24:19:

In Reply to: Re: King brass "dazzler" sousa ebay auction posted by Tom Mason on January 22, 2001 at 12:15:47:

The odd pair of 20K's is gone (at least one is, and a "promise" by the same school to get the other).

There is a nice set of King "misfits" - a 3/4 "Gladiator" satin-silver (gold plated bell interior), a jumbo (about the size of a Conn 20K) satin-silver with some plating wear but re-done pistons (waiting on a decent overhaul, and a GIANT King "7/4" I guess, but with a standard bore valveset (dark lacquer and few very minor dents).

There's also a satin-silver Conn 14K (my favorite model of sousa) waiting on a restoration. Its original plating is probably satifactory...Its pistons will be rebuilt, and "bringing up the rear": a decent Olds - but we're shopping for an Olds/Reynolds bell for it.

That my just about "do it", except for fibers.

I don't know if we'll get through all of those this winter. I kinda want to get all of our current stock of used Bach Strad trpts and tbns restored and sold, too (not to mention finishing my OWN tubas :-/)

We'll try !! (' got to git while the gittin's [bufferboy-genius back in town!!!] good!

Follow Ups: