Wheaton College Wind Ensemble Concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Smith on January 23, 2001 at 01:29:23:

For those of you in the Chicago area, here's a concert that some might like to attend! It's still a while off, but I just thought that I'd drop the info. in soon!

On February 10, 2001, the Wheaton College Wind Ensemble, conducted by Dr. Terry Schwartz, will present its winter concert. The piece for the evening will be Symphony nr. 1: "The Lord of the Rings" by Johan de Meij. This is a fantastic 20th century piece based off of the events in J.R.R. Tolkein's *The Lord of the Rings* (a very well popular author here at the college).

I currently sit as one of two tubists in the ensemble and am trying to do my part in drawing a crowd! The entire piece will be performed with stand lights behind a large screen, which will be depicting scenes from *The Lord of the Rings* along with different "effect" shots and video clips along that screen and side screens. We've been working hard and are still working hard to make this a really great concert. We're very excited about it! I hope to draw someone there!

Follow Ups: