Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner/Nirschl Evaluation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on January 19, 2001 at 00:34:04:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner/Nirschl Evaluation posted by Klaus on January 19, 2001 at 00:02:22:

I was just being clear on the "give" word, because not everyone realizes than the instruments are not yours to keep when you leave the military.

It is neat to read your post, because everything you have said is spot on for what I have seen here. Unless the person receiving the instrument has seniority, the decision as to what instrument is actually purchased and issued is decided by the section leader. The decision has to weigh budgetary concerns with the needs of the position being equipped and also the section leaders personal tastes.

I would really like the band here to buy me a Yorkbrunner CC and a Conn 20k Sousaphone, but those instruments don't fit into plan. My primary function is not to sit down and play CC tuba and the Conn 20k is heavier than the Yammerhammers that everyone else are getting/have. Especially for marching band, where looking good is much more important than sounding good, the tubas must all look as uniform as possible.

My wife is a horn player across town and they play single Bb's for marching like the Yorkshire band you mention. In the band I am in, the hornists use Eb alto horns.

sean

Follow Ups: