Re: Just wondering...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on January 14, 2001 at 14:57:18:

In Reply to: Just wondering... posted by Carl L on January 14, 2001 at 10:08:33:

I teach High School and am lucky enough to have a two hour block of time in the middle of the morning. I practice from 10:30-12:00. I do alot of slow lip slurs in the Bobo vein (working through all the valves and tounging what I slur and vice-versa). I play alot of scales also. The remainder of the time(I spend (AT) 70% of my time on basics) is spent working on stuff that is really, really hard for me. Charlier, Arban Characteristic Studies, Bousquet, etc. I also dedicate 10 minutes a day to taking a simple tune, playing it in all keys and all registers, usually going around the circle and playing in different octaves. This is "my time" to check everything and to enjoy a good song. I primarily play my big horn, but if needed, I do the same on my F. I usually don't mix up my big and small horns in the same session. My afternoons are given over to the bass and re-learning the bass trombone after a 15 year haitus. I have to say that the bass bone has doen some nice things for my tuba playing. I would love to start early in the morning, but my first class is at 7:00 a.m. I also take one day a week where I don't touch the horn, generally Monday's as most of my work is on the other days. Hope this wasn't TOO rambling.

Follow Ups: