Re: back to BBb? (and jupiter tubas)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on January 12, 2001 at 09:27:15:

In Reply to: back to BBb? (and jupiter tubas) posted by CC tubist on January 11, 2001 at 22:24:28:

The Jupiter is a great horn. It is the best deal in a BBb tuba out there right now. They work great right out of the box. They have a good sound, and pitch is also quite good. I really can't say enough good things about them. If you can buy a silver one with the case and a 1st valve slide that has had some work to make it even better than normal....I would jump on it so long as you can play it first. The horn in the picture is in great shape, and have never played a bad one of these. Just make sure it fits your own playing style and concept of sound. That's the only thing I have people watch out for with the Jupiters. The sound is very vanilla. It has a very good "tuba" sound, but it is not the easiest instrument to get to change sounds. If you are someone that wants to change the color of the sound from time to time, the Jupiter may not be the best choice. If you are just going for a good tuba sound, the Jupiter is great!

Hope this helps!

mike russo
Brasswind
(800) 348-5003 ext. 2266

Follow Ups: