Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Joe S., can it be salvaged?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on January 25, 2000 at 20:59:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Hey Joe S., can it be salvaged? posted by Sam Gnagey on January 25, 2000 at 07:02:47:

I knew that you had bought it, Sam, and part of the purpose of the tone of my response was to taunt you and to "drum out" your comments. :-) I would like to state here that I have purchased a tuba, sight unseen, from Sam and that it was an incredible bargain! Further, I still own it, have had offers to buy it, and have turned them down (not wanting to part with it), even though I am not currently playing that instrument.

If I had that 4-piston Martin valveset sitting in my box of junk, I would have been glad to bid up to $1200 or maybe even $1500 for that body, but with my only option being to purchase a German York CC valveset and cut the body down, my bids were only "exploratory" (though, of course, they would have been honored, had it been necessary).

Good for you (!), TUBANURSE, but since you really DID want to buy it, why did you place that other bid halfway through the auction? Whenever I REALLY want something, I never bid until the end, because I would just be running up my own cost, and increasing others' enthusiasm.

Follow Ups: