Re: Re: Re: Chicago Low Brass Section

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on January 25, 2000 at 08:46:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Chicago Low Brass Section posted by Swami on January 24, 2000 at 19:32:59:

The gentleman you're referring to is Joe Kreines. He lives in Melbourne, FL and spends his time travelling the state working with high school bands. He's a Grainger freak, and kind of lives like him. He has some ties back to Chicago from way back and is close friends with all the "old" gang up there (Friedman, Herseth, etc.). The man has an UNBELIEVABLE library of reel-to-reel recordings of concerts that were never recorded for distribution (some wonderful gems from the Martinon days!). About the closest thing I've seen released is that centennial pack released by RCA (a gem in it's own right!). Joe is a bit of an eccentric fellow, if you will, and he guards his library like a hawk. The last I heard from him, he has decided when he passes away that his library will be donated somewhere, perhaps even a private venture of sorts. Not quite sure about the excerpt album, although I have heard his copy on reel-to-reel (something about vinyl, or reel-to-reel that sounds MUCH better than CDs: old school, baby). Anyways, no real help here, just some background stuff.

Dave

Follow Ups: