Re: CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Guy in CA on January 23, 2000 at 02:41:34:

In Reply to: CC tuba posted by Matt on January 23, 2000 at 01:41:06:

Since you are planning to use the horn through college,
I have NO reservation suggesting you go with a new S-186 5 valve CC,
you'll REALLY love having a brand-new horn, and the 186's are certainly
versatile enough for your needs for some time. A 5/4 or 6/4 tuba might be
in the cards for your future, also even an F tuba, but not something you'll
need to be concerned about for a few years. Get the S-186...make sure you
enlist the help of your current tuba teacher and BOTH of you play test them
before you make your selection. The extra money you save between the Mirafon
cost and your spending limit can go to a good reunion blues gig bag, MAYBE
a hard case, and the money for a trip to a dealer to play-test SEVERAL
of them. Make it an even, talk your teacher into goin with you if you can,
and above all have fun!

Follow Ups: