Re: Re: Matching question.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lonny on January 22, 2000 at 09:27:36:

In Reply to: Re: Matching question. posted by ken on January 21, 2000 at 09:37:37:

I also have a 641. I didn't play a ton of horns before I got mine (by way of a post on this BBS!) but it seems to be doing a fine job for me. I've been away from playing for a while (high school class of '79) because I didn't pursue music in college so I'm overjoyed to have and instrument of this quality to play on. Played a solo at my brother's wedding, much to the shock and amazement of several members of the bride's family. Albert Hay Malotte's "The Lord's Prayer," key of C. It went very well.

I have both a Conn Helleberg and a Bach 24AW. I flip flop back and forth but, with my skill level I am gravitating toward the Bach. The Bach provides the fullness of sound I am looking for without as much trouble centering pitches. I still like the Helleberg and play it often. Bottom line—I'm still searching a little bit too.

I also have a private teacher who must have over 100 mp's that he has mainly for letting students figure out which one works best for them without having to shell out mucho denaro to decide "I don't like this one."

Good luck in your search and happy playing!

Follow Ups: