Re: Bill Bell Daily Routine

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on January 08, 2000 at 22:55:57:

In Reply to: Bill Bell Daily Routine posted by Chuck Jackson on January 08, 2000 at 18:24:15:

Relax Chuck! Geez, you're doing just fine.

I use the routine myself daily. I don't have a copy of the Encore version so I can't tell you if the editor's notes are as comprehensive or complete as what Abe taught me about the routine. But even the original, which I do still have, has many things left out of the printed material that really make the difference in this routine's effectiveness. To that end, my advice about this routine is still to get a copy and then have a lesson with someone who got instruction from Bell. To get the full effect, you need to do all the little things that count.

However, there are a couple of things that you can do in the interim that might be productive. First, you can start learning the scales. This is purely technical work and there really isn't any short cut or great advice that helps you through this part of the scales. The one thing I would caution you to do is to make sure you do all the scales at exactly the same tempo. Abe stressed this to me many times, since there are easier and harder sections to this routine, that all the scales should go the same speed to assure equal facility in all the keys. Once you have all the technical aspects of the routine down, it is much easier to focus on the little extras that make this routine so beneficial. Also, I found it very useful to memorize the routine. This allows me to really concentrate on how I do things and what comes out of the bell. It also really helps if you decide to watch TV when you practice! :)

Good luck!

Follow Ups: