Re: Re: Re: Tuba Major Horn Reccomendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Sellmansberger on January 03, 2000 at 00:25:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba Major Horn Reccomendations posted by Tom Brekhus on January 02, 2000 at 21:26:52:

I know that I'm butting in, but the original post (like Mr. Chisham pointed out) had a confusing mixture of a list of very expensive tubas under consideration and a price range which eliminated most all of the tubas on the list.

Mr. Chisham, I believe, was just suggesting that the person expand their budget in order to accommodate their tastes. I teach university students who play school-owned rotary Yamaha BBb's, drive cars that are LESS THAN FOUR YEARS OLD given to them by their parents, ARE MUSIC MAJORS, and claim that their family "cannot afford" to buy an instrument. I believe that in many cases (and I am guessing that Mr. Chisham does, too) the word "budget" doesn't really mean "the amount of funds available". Rather, in Y2K-USA it often means "how important it is to me".

BTW, As a blind recommendation, I am voting Miraphone S186-5U-CC, also: good player, few "wierdities", high-quality workmanship, easy to resell (if needed), and well within the "budget" <(see above).

Follow Ups: