Re: RX for sore chops

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by michael on January 04, 1999 at 10:34:41:

In Reply to: RX for sore chops posted by michael on January 02, 1999 at 23:30:31:

Thanks for the comments, I put both to good use. I wear a beard, and back in the old days, I never could tell that it affected anything. After reading the posts, I did prune it back a little more from around the lower lip and used a razor just under the bottom lip. This or a combination of things have helped. I don't really like the way it looks, but I think I will get used to it. My wife says she can't tell any difference .

I also took a look at my favorite mouthpiece. I have been using an ANCIENT bach mouthpiece. I don't know where I got it, but I started using it while in college and really like it. The problem is that a lot of the silver is gone. I have always heard of raw brass against the lips causing problems, but have never seen it, or experienced it myself. Just in case this was it, I changed to a bach 24AW (what does the AW mean?) that has good silver. I think the other was a 25, not sure....

Anyway, played for 2 hours solid yesterday afternoon, and the little bumps didn't bother me, and looking while ago in the mirror, they seem to be gone... soooo, who knows?

Thanks again!!!

Follow Ups: