Re: #1 slide trigger pics? - comp. euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by At least 3 concepts: on February 28, 2004 at 06:27:55:

In Reply to: #1 slide trigger pics? - comp. euphonium posted by bloke on February 27, 2004 at 22:51:14:

Hirsbrunner had (has?) a 1st slide trigger, which can be seen at:

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/yorkmasterpublicphotosv/vwp?.dir=/Hirsbrunner+1990+leaflet&.dnm=Hirsbrunner1990.jpg

Around 11 years ago Miraphone introduced a comp 3+1 euph with a 3rd slide trigger. I tried that model and found the trigger extremely ackward on my left thumb.

The Japanese branch of B&H designed a main tuning slide, which they mounted on Steven Meads euphonium. That trigger is now a standard feature on the B&H Prestige model.

I have had a German made copy of that trigger installed on my own Yamaha YEP641 3+1 comper, and I haven't regretted that. The benefit of the main tuning slide is, that it can be applied on all notes, even if I only use it for the low C and B natural. Coming from the bass bone, I could not accept those notes being sharp, when playing scales.

Another benefit of the main tuning trigger is, that there are no sucking or explosive sounds, when you move the trigger while the valves are not engaged.

Klaus

Follow Ups: