Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stolen Mirafones

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by pawn shop again... on February 26, 2004 at 20:49:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stolen Mirafones posted by mjg on February 26, 2004 at 17:31:50:

I disagree bout if your 100% honest you should be leary of instruments that come through their door... I come from a small town, but still I know for a fact all the pawn shops around here are very honest people (the owners) except one. Which ofcourse hasa reputation, and even sold us(another pawn shop) a fake rolex with the excuse it was just "out of his price range".

Granted, we've never had a tuba come in(I wish we did..) But we have had flutes, trumpets, saxes, trombones, clarinets and various other instruments.. Why should a pawn shop broker be more leary(if at all) then say a gun that comes in? a gun IS a much more common item to be hot and much more likely to be a stolen item(around here anyway). A musical instrument usually is NOT a very high money maker to most retailers since they normally don't know a whole lot about them, and dont' have a market for them.

the idea that pawn shop brokers are dishonest, or atlesat a majority is nothing more then a lie. This is from a select few who have staind the name of the pawn shop brokers, but from my experience, I have not seen this but seen the oppisite, atlesat around here in a small town where if u screw someone over, you not only loose them but you loose their friends who tell their friends and so on.. so sure MAYBE in a larger city its different, but i dont' think it will be that much.

Follow Ups: